Last update - 10/30/15
MindBlown Labs, Inc. (“We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access or use Thrive ‘n’ Shine (the “App”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App or our website and in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App or our website.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information to or through them.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, age, and e-mail address (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as what school the student users are affiliated with and their grade levels.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include analytics companies, your mobile device manufacturer, and your mobile service provider. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you use the App. We may use geolocation information we collect to enhance our services to users by region.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website or App, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App Terms of Service (see Terms of Service).
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MindBlown Labs, Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your consent.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure as disclosed here: Data Protection Policy.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Privacy Section for Children under The Age of 13
Last modified: October 30, 2015
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this App.
Information We Collect from Children
Children can access many parts of the App and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the App.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly. A child must provide us with the following information to register with this App: child’s email address, parent’s e-mail address, and age. We also require the child to create a member name and password. We specify whether information is required or optional where we request it.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the App and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include one or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services and information that identifies a device’s location (geolocation information).We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to register him or her with the App; communicate with him or her about activities or features of the App that may be of interest; and track his or her performance in games or other activities. We use the information we collect automatically through technology and other non-personal information we collect to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to his or her individual interests; and speed up his or her searches. We may use geolocation information we collect to enhance our services to users by region.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
We do not share, sell, rent or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our App and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of MindBlown Labs, Inc., our customers or others, including to protect the safety of a child; protect the safety and security of the App; or enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, if MindBlown Labs, Inc. is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of its assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected to the buyer or other successor.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s information. You can review, change or delete your child’s personal information by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Operators That Collect or Maintain Information from Children
A list of all operators that may collect or maintain personal information from children through the App is available here: Third-Party Information Collection. Please direct your inquiries about any operator’s privacy practices and use of children’s information to the operator at its contact information provided.