significance of study
This project represents significant advances in the understanding and delivery of financial education to youth for the following reasons:
- It focuses on behavioral outcomes on several dimensions, instead of just changes in financial knowledge;
- It incorporates a highly rigorous research design;
- It involves an approach that is adaptable, scalable, and replicable, which can be applied by most school systems;
- It incorporates experiential learning in an innovative way;
- It adds to the findings on youth financial access and financial education from the AFCO Youth Pilot; and
- It is among the first rigorous studies regarding using games to teach financial capability.